Concept to Commercialisation
Our team of highly trained and experienced engineers and scientists have developed our proprietary REFNOVA® process, using state-of-the-art technology to fractionate a variety of lignocellulosic feedstocks.
Our finished products may then be used to produce a number of high-quality second-generation (2G) biofuels and biochemicals, for example, Bioethanol, Aviation fuel, Xylitol, Furfural, Formic acid, Lactic acid, Acetic acid and Thermosetting plastics.
From “Concept-to-Commercialisation”, NPT works hand-in-hand with our customer so that both greenfield and brownfield “bolt-on” efficient plant operations are delivered according to each highly specialised customised design.
Our expertly developed solutions are delivered in a structured process which we support every step of the way from our UK HQ based demonstration plant and onsite laboratory at Wilton International, Redcar. Our services include:
- Pilot and Demonstration plant trials on clients’ specific feedstocks
- Analytical services – feedstocks and product samples
- Feasibility studies and Techno-Economic (TE) modelling (greenfield and bolt-on applications)
- Process concept development and integration engineering with clients’ technologies
- Licence to use REFNOVA® and Process Design Package (PDP) to include equipment specifications, mass & energy balances, process flow diagrams (PFDs), and process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Working with our own or our clients’ engineers (chemical, mechanical, structural, piping, electrical and automation engineers) we deliver projects through design, start-up, commissioning, operations, ongoing support and further development
Experience the advantages
REFNOVA® has many benefits when compared alongside conventional lignocellulosic fractionation methods:
We offer superior product output yields relative to conventional, bio-active driven, batch processes
A highly-adaptable design removes any potential for interruption to supplies and can be adapted for processing in many parts of the world
There’s no requirement for bio-actives, such as enzymes or bacteria, meaning more rapid processing and reduced operational cost
The simplicity and flexibility of REFNOVA® process enables the potential for a comparatively straightforward scale up
Otherwise discarded plant matter is available at low cost and low or no impact to the environment and can be processed at source into valuable materials. Today these are already replacing the need to use fossil fuels and create synthetic chemicals
REFNOVA® can create four ‘platform chemical’ product streams:
- C5 liquid sugars
- C6 liquid sugars
- Lignin Char
Later on in the supply chain, these materials can then be converted into a diverse range of valuable everyday products for use by industry and ultimately end consumers.